Once you have downloaded and activated the CF7 Skins plugin, you are ready to get started (see Installing CF7 Skins).
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and click on Contacts in the admin menu.
2. Now select an existing Contact Form 7 form or create a new one (see How do I add a form with Contact Form 7).
3. You can minimize the Form Section (see What is the Form section) for the time being by clicking on the arrow button on the far right corner of the Form section. Or you can simply scroll down to the Skins section.
Tip: You can minimize each Section by clicking on the arrow button on the far right corner and drag & drop the sections to re-arrange them. Your revised layout will be saved and loaded when you use Contact Form 7.
4. Under the Skins section you can choose a Template and a Style for your form (see CF7 Skins User Interface).
5. Click the Template tab. Choose one that most closely represents the fields that you need for your form, then click Select. If you’d like to see some more information on this template first, click Details (see How do I find & select a Template).
6. Once you select a Template, you can Save it as it is, or modify it to include or exclude fields and text (see How do I edit my CF7 Skin Template).
7. Click the Style tab. Find a style that you like and click Select (see How do I find & select a Style).
8. After selecting a Template and Style for your form, you need to scroll up to the top of the page and click Save (see How do I save my CF7 Skin).
9. After you click Save, underneath the name of your form, you will see a code snippet that would look something like this:
[contact-form-7 id="1541" title=“My Form"]
This code snippet is called a Shortcode – you need to highlight and copy this code.
10. Go to the post or page in your WordPress Admin where you want to add your form. Paste the Shortcode in the location where you want your form to be displayed (see How to add a form into a WordPress post or page).
11. Save your post or page, and then visit that page or post on your WordPress website to see your form in action (see How do I preview what my form will look like).