CF7 Skins Update Coming Soon
This article includes information on a new/changed CF7 Skins feature, which will be released shortly.
In this article, we cover how you can change the type of Contact Form 7 (CF7) Tag quickly & easily.
Starting from CF7 Skins v2.1, there are more features available in the CF7 Skins. One of the prominent features is how you can now change the type of CF7 Tags. The introduction of this feature allows you to change the CF7 Tag type easily, without taking much of your time.
With CF7 Skins you now have two easy ways to change the type of CF7 Tag:
1. Drop-down menu on the CF7 form field
- In the Skins section of your Contact Form 7 form, go to the selected CF7 form field.
- Click the drop-down menu.
- Select the required CF7 Tag type.
Tip: You can also style your forms before you can use it on your WordPress (WP) site.
2. Edit window of the CF7 form field
- In the Skins section of your Contact Form 7 form, go to the Edit window of a CF7 field.
- Click the drop-down menu to select the required type.
- Click Done.
Once you are satisfied with your changes, save the form.
Tip: We also have Free Templates available to make your form creation process quicker.
Why is Change Type of CF7 Tag feature useful?
- Change the type of CF7 Tag with just a click
- Quickly edit form templates
- No drag and drop required to change each CF7 Tag type
- Save time by editing existing forms easily
What are CF7 Tags?
In Contact Form 7, there are different CF7 Tags available to create a form. These tags are code snippet that represents text input fields or submit buttons.
For example, in the image above,
[text* your-name] is a CF7 Tag that represents a text input field called your-name.
Before Version 2.1
Before Version 2.1, if you had to change the type of a CF7 Tag, you would have to delete the existing tag first. Then, drag and drop the required type of CF7 Tag, edit the details, and save.