Last Updated on
With the release of Version 2.1, Contact Form 7 Skins (CF7 Skins) introduces an easy way to change the type of Contact Form 7 (CF7) Form Tag, while creating or changing a form for your WordPress site.
In this article, we cover how you can change the CF7 Tag type in the CF7 Skins Visual Editor quickly & easily.
2 ways to change the type of CF7 Tag
With CF7 Skins you now have two easy ways to change the type of CF7 Tag.
1. Drop-down menu on the CF7 form field
- In the Skins section of your Contact Form 7 form, go to the Form tab.
- Find the form field you want to change.
- Click the CF7 Tag drop-down menu & select the required CF7 Tag type.
Tip: With CF7 Skins you can choose from a range of compatible Contact Form 7 Styles for your forms.
2. Edit dialog box of the CF7 form field
1. Click the edit icon to open the Edit dialog box of any CF7 field.
2. Click the CF7 Tag drop-down menu & select the required type.
Once you are satisfied with your changes, save the form.
Tip: We also have a range of Templates available to make your form creation process quicker.
What are CF7 Tags?
In Contact Form 7, there are different CF7 Tags available to create a form. These tags are code snippet that represents text input fields or submit buttons.
For example, in the image above,
[text* your-name] is a CF7 Tag that represents a text input field called your-name.
Before Version 2.1
Before Version 2.1, if you had to change the type of a CF7 Tag, you would have to delete the existing tag first. Then, drag and drop the required type of CF7 Tag, edit the details, and save.